Monday 15 April 2013

Stirring Up the Bots

Sometimes I post something just to piss off the no-lifers / bots and mess things up for them. Here's an example on Jita with a very heavily camped item.


Not only did I post a big stack on Jita just 10k over the current bulk buy orders on station, I posted a bunch of cheap ones in various places around the region.

I'll probably cut it again tomorrow after a bunch of bots and no-lifers cut me and continue pushing prices down for several days.

It's hard to say for sure what will happen in the end but things like this can drive them into a frenzy of vicious undercutting. Big, high priced buy orders start disappearing, huge stacks get dumped in sell orders, momentum builds up and prices plummet.

Anyhow, it'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few days.

Edit: Someone bought the Jita stack out a few hours later. Oh well I kinda half expected that, next time I won't post about it.

2 comments:

  1. As long as you made profit on them, it's a good thing. Never list anything you don't want to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course. I paid roughly 40k each for them.

    ReplyDelete