Monday 10 June 2013

Milestone - 200 Billion

I hit another milestone today with over 200 Billion net worth. It took a little less than 4 months to go from 100 billion to over 200 billion.


We're only a third of the way through June and my net worth has already increased by 16 billion. I doubt that rate will be sustainable but if it is, I'm on track for a 50 billion month.

A lot of the sudden increase is due to greatly increased demand (and prices) for Sisters probe launchers (both types) and even more to someone suddenly dumping piles of the 4 high priced Technology books (Sleeper, Talocan, Tahkmal, Yan Jung).

Sisters launchers have been moving like crazy, selling quickly for 60, 70, 75 million ISK and sometimes even more. I sold several (on Jita yet!) for 90 million ISK each.

I bought at least 10 billion in technology books alone, maybe more depending on exactly what they sell for in the end. Sure it'll take a while to sell them all, but I've already moved a few and the rest were cheap enough to make it worth sitting on them for a while. Buy prices were very low for a couple days but are already ramping back up to normal levels. I expect to make big profits re-selling them for 100-150 million each.

4 comments:

  1. The 4 skillbooks surprised all of us. I don't know if I should buy them all out, because maybe it's not someone dumping but someone farming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't surprised. I've been expecting it for quite a while though I couldn't say when it would happen I was sure it would happen.

    It's a limited supply item. The higher the price the more they get farmed, the lower the price the less they get farmed. Someone (you maybe?) has been trying to corner the market and driving the price up for a while now.

    Whoever it was, I've been driving the buy price higher and higher with buy orders for 1 or 2 and letting him buy plenty. The price is high, the farmers farm more and he's buying more than he can sell. Sooner or later he was going to realize he had too much ISK invested in them and start dumping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course though it's impossible to be certain it's quite possible, maybe even likely a farmer started the dump.

    Someone could have farmed stacks of all the books for months waiting for the buy prices to hit a certain level and them dumped them all at once.

    But I'm virtually certain someone was trying to corner the market and dumped his stock too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I grabbed a stack of CovOps + Fits before this patch hit.

    ReplyDelete