Friday 8 November 2013

Turkey Shoot in Null

So we just had a CCP organized planned live event turkey shoot in null.

10% TiDi, 20+ jumps, null bloc death trap gatecamps along the way CCP directed players to go and so on.

Anyone with half a clue and two brain cells to rub together could see this coming the minute the event was first announced.

You have to wonder why CCP didn't see it coming. Or maybe they did. Maybe that's what it was really about all along. To lead the clueless, unthinking and overly trusting to a slaughter (theirs) and keep CCP's restless null sec bloc favorites happy with lots of easy kills and plentiful tears delivered to them on a silver platter.

It would have been too easy to simply bridge participants to the event rather than forcing them to endure hours of travel with 10% TiDi just getting there. Or they could have put the entire event in a wormhole on a reinforced server node which would have minimized both the TiDi and the problems caused by griefers and gatecamps.

Regardless of whether it was intentional on CCP's part or not, this "event" was a disaster, a complete, utter failure. Unless of course you take the null bloc perspective, no doubt they consider a clusterfuck of this magnitude a resounding success.

Before some dull witted null troll suggests it, no I'm not crying about it. I did see it coming and declined to participate. A lot of others didn't though, they're screaming about it and justifiably so.

1 comment:

  1. I sincerely hope this was the result of misfortune rather than design.

    I was actually disappointed about missing out on this event. A chance to respond to a Empire wide call to arms to give some rats a good laser tanning session on their front door sounded wonderful.

    I'm also concerned that some of the planned lore for Rubicon has now been lost to us. I'm looking forward to the CCP response to all this. I really would like to know what they intended. I might even base a career change on what they say.

    I've always wanted to go to Null on my own terms. I think some of the new toys in Rubicon will give me a reason to.

    ReplyDelete